Please read the Saskatchewan 2015 Information package from Service Canada before filing your E.I. Claim. It is important to note that several members have been contacted by Service Canada on recent claims. Service Canada is requesting Job Resumes and a list of Job Searches from E.I. Claimants. Remember to keep such information handy should you be contacted by Service Canada regarding your E.I. Claim.
You may seek assistance for your claim from the Unemployed Worker’s Help Centre in Saskatoon and Regina.
Saskatoon phone number is 306-382-8662.
For those claiming E.I Benefits during the winter lay off.
- Employees who wish to start a new claim for Christmas break should email firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know they would like an ROE sent to Service Canada on their behalf
- There is no reference code for the Christmas break
- All three stats must be claimed (December 25, December 26, January 1)
- Return to work date is January 8
- Administrative Assistants who started prior to August 28th start up should acknowledge that when they file their claim
Please direct all questions and inquiries about your claim to Service Canada.
- Here is an example of how to calculate daily rate with vacation pay included:
Jane is an EA and gets paid 21.79/hour, earns holiday pay at 3/52 (3 weeks) and is 86% (6.02 hr day):
- $21.79 x 3/52 = $1.26 per hour vacation pay
- $21.79 + $1.26 = $ 23.05 per hour with vacation pay included
- $23.05 x 6.02 = $138.76 daily rate
- $138.76 x 5 = $693.80 weekly rate