Please read the Saskatchewan 2015 Information package from Service Canada before filing your E.I. Claim. It is important to note that several members have been contacted by Service Canada on recent claims. Service Canada is requesting Job Resumes and a list of Job Searches from E.I. Claimants. Remember to keep such information handy should you be contacted by Service Canada regarding your E.I. Claim.
You may seek assistance for your claim from the Unemployed Worker’s Help Centre in Saskatoon and Regina.
Saskatoon phone number is 306-382-8662.
For those claiming E.I Benefits during the Easter lay off
- If you previously requested an ROE at Christmas and/or February break, one will be sent for you automatically at Easter break, you do NOT need to request one.
- Employees who wish to file a new claim for Easter break should email Cynthia Chobotar firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know that they would like an ROE sent to Service Canada on their behalf.
- There is no reference code for Easter break.
- Good Friday and Easter Monday stats should be claimed (March 30th and April 2nd). Easter Monday is a bargained statutory holiday for 8443 members.
- Return to work date is April 9th.
Please direct all questions and inquiries about your claim to Service Canada.
- Here is an example of how to calculate daily rate with vacation pay included:
Jane is an EA and gets paid 21.79/hour, earns holiday pay at 3/52 (3 weeks) and is 86% (6.02 hr day):
- $21.79 x 3/52 = $1.26 per hour vacation pay
- $21.79 + $1.26 = $ 23.05 per hour with vacation pay included
- $23.05 x 6.02 = $138.76 daily rate
- $138.76 x 5 = $693.80 weekly rate