Please read the Saskatchewan 2015 Information package from Service Canada before filing your E.I. Claim. It is important to note that several members have been contacted by Service Canada on recent claims. Service Canada is requesting Job Resumes and a list of Job Searches from E.I. Claimants. Remember to keep such information handy should you be contacted by Service Canada regarding your E.I. Claim.
You may seek assistance for your claim from the Unemployed Workers Help Centre in Saskatoon and Regina.
Saskatoon phone number is 306-382-8662.
For those claiming E.I Benefits during a lay off period
- ROEs are sent for all 10 month employees during the summer lay off
- Permanent employees DO NOT need to request an ROE
- Temporary/casual employees DO need to request an ROE
- There is no reference code or group code anymore. Apply as normal
- Please refer to the email sent to your SPSD email for information on which stats to claim
Please direct all questions and inquiries about your claim to Service Canada.
The formula to calculate the hourly rate would be:
(STATUTORY HOLIDAY + HOL PAY ON STAT) / HOURS PAID FOR STATUTORY HOLIDAY – example ($161.47+$13.38)/7 hours = $24.97
The formula to calculate the daily rate would be:
(STATUTORY HOLIDAY + HOL PAY ON STAT) / # of Stats During Pay Period – example ($161.47+$13.38)/1 day = 174.85 … the example above is one day, but if there are more days adjust as necessary.
Make sure you are using the Current Pay Period numbers and NOT the Cumulative numbers.